EMCOR Facilities Services installed and implemented a water conservation program that exceeded the client’s operational, financial, and environmental objectives. Some of the benefits of our program included:
- 20-percent water consumption savings achieved*
- 5,000,000 gallons of water saved*
- 23-percent cost savings achieved on water bills*
- Return on investment achieved in 12-24 months*
For this project, the client was interested in reducing water consumption, improving their carbon footprint, and achieving overall cost savings.
We designed and implemented a program for retrofitting the existing irrigation systems at nearly 200 of our client’s locations. The program included:
- Spray nozzles with uniform, ultra-efficient, multi-stream rotating technology
- Controllers that adjust the system to site level weather conditions
- Sensors that alert the client to potential problems/repairs in real-time
- Rebate administration, where applicable
The retrofitted system now applies water uniformly, even under windy circumstances, and makes water adjustments to match current weather conditions. It can also detect anomalies, such as broken heads or stuck valves, and provides alerts for efficient repair.
The client is a national pharmacy retailer with over 7,700 locations. They provide pharmacy, health, and wellness solutions, as well as consumer goods and services, nationwide.
*Actual results can vary based on climatic and other conditions